- We use digital record keeping and appointment books
- Our photography is digital
- We can email and SMS your appointments reminders and re calls.
- We use digital x-rays, eliminating the need for disposable films and toxic chemicals for development of x-ray films.
- The dosage of digital radiation from digital x-rays is about 75-90% less than with analog films.
Lighting and standby energy waste
- Our lights have been converted to energy saving lamps
- All our electric points in each surgery run on a central fuse that is switched off at the end of the day, to eliminate wasted standby electricity use.
Cloth uniforms instead of disposable lab coats
- We aren’t wasting materials on disposable clinical coats AND as an added bonus, we think we look better!
Our recent acquisition of the latest Trios 3Shape digital scanner means that conventional impressions are almost a thing of the past. We are eliminating the need for tray filled impressions and a lot of impression materials!
- We have recently replaced 99% of our disposable barriers with biodegradable materials. Our infection control protocols require us to place barriers on a lot of surfaces and equipment. Each individual patient can involve up to 14 disposable barriers for simple procedures and more than 25 for more complex procedures. As you can imagine, changing to biodegradable material makes a significant impact on our environment.
All these measures have already been reducing our Carbon footprint significantly. Most importantly, the measures do not compromise the level of care you receive and in many cases enhance your experience. It is our hope that our colleagues will catch up and help us to lower our impact on the environment as a profession.